Wednesday, September 12, 2007

End of the season

Although I didn't blog about it, I had what I consider to be a good racing season with the TT bike I built. I competed in 3 duathlons, 1 medium-short triathlon (shorter than Olympic distance but longer than Sprint) and my first half ironman race.

The Fetish bike became a road bike but now sports Oval Concepts clip on aero bars.
I have ordered an Oval Concepts Jetstream Fork after reading what Zinn had to say about it on Velo News. Other than trying it out when it arrives, I have given that bike some vacation time. The fork sounds impressive and my only qualms are in replacing the fork that has been custom painted to match the frame. My next tentatively planned multisport event will be a duathlon in April.

I've done some more work on the KHS cyclocross bike shown in earlier posts - it now has Easton EA 70 bar and stem (to match the seatpost) and Bike Nashbar cantilever brakes both front and back (lost the squeal that comes for no additional charge with Avid Shorty 6s).

Next on the bike project list will be a replacement of the drivetrain of my KHS road bike. At this point I am leaning toward a Campy Chorus groupset but may use some or all of the parts from Centaur instead due to cost concerns (as well as the fact that Centaur should now have the ultratorque crankset in carbon available). I plan to have the road bike frame repainted in the next couple of months.

Next on my other project list are Halloween costumes and I have decided to try to document this process from start to finish. I sew a lot of my own work out and racing clothing, and since I do a lot of modifications to patterns (or even make my own), I have decided to start keeping track of some of the more interesting things (to me) I've tried. Pictures and plan detail for Halloween stuff to follow over the next couple of days...

No comments: